Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rose Nightingale Nickerson" <soubrette@b...>
Date:  Sun Feb 10, 2002  11:54 pm
Subject:  An Introduction, A Hello, And Some Questions.......

Hello Everyone!
I'd Like To Introduce Myself To The Group.

My Name Is Winter Rose Nightingale~Nickerson, But You Can Call Me Rose.
Everyone Does.
I'm An AspiringOpera Singer And A Newlywed <I Married My Handsome Prince,
Tristan, Two Months Ago, On November 30th, 2001 ~ And It Was A Dream Come
True!>
I Live Near Ft Lauderdale, FL, With My Husband And Our Four~Footed Feline
Baby,
Yin~Yang, A Tuxedo B&W Shorthair Cat Who Always Looks Dressy Enough To
Attend
An Evening At The Met :o)

I've Been Quietly Reading Posts And Absorbing The Wonderful Atmosphere And
Helpful, Friendly Feeling Of This List And I Hope You Will All Welcome Me
Into The
Group.

I Am 23 Years Old, And, According To My Darling Husband, A Bratty,
Temperamental, Redheaded Mini~Diva <I'm Only 4' 11 3/4 " Tall> Funny How The
Sweet,
Sensitive Poetic Men <My Husband Is A Writer> Fall For Us Difficult Prima
Donna Princesses,
Isn't It?

Actually, I Am Being Quite Silly And Hope You Don't Mind. This List Has Me A
Bit Intimidated As I Am Just A Beginner And Not At All As Expert As Some Of
You Have Proven
To Be Through Your Posts.......

The Questions I Had For You All Are As Follows:

I'm Looking For A Good Vocal Coach In My Area.......Any Tips, Suggestions Or
Connections You Can Supply Would Be MOST Appreciated.......

Until Recently I've Been Concentrating On Solo Pieces And Arias <Per La
Gloria D'Adorarvi, Amarilli, Caro Mi Ben, Etc.> Rather Than Learning An
Entire Operatic Role And I'd Love Any Input Or Suggestions As
To What Would Be A Good First Role For Me To Learn.......

I'm A Coloratura Soprano With A Very Clear And Strong Upper Register <My Top
Note Fluctuates Between F & E Above High C> And A Really Powerful,
Big~Sounding
Lower Register <My Bottom Note Is F Below Middle C, But I Can Go Lower>

In Appearance I've Been Called *The Quintessential Soubrette*, I Am 23 But
Look About 16, Very Petite, Diminutive Even, With Very Long, Curly Hair And
A Perpetually Innocent Expression <The Term Most Often Used, And Which Makes
Me Insane, Is *Doll~Like*>

I'd Be Very Interested In Any Of Your Suggestions Or Opinions As To A
Suitable First Role For A Singer With My Range And Appearance.......

My Final Question <And I Hope This Entire Post Isn't Hideously OT> Is Do Any
Of You Have Any Unique, Or Interesting Breathing Techniques Or Exercises You
Could Share? My Problem Is Sustaining The Very Highest Notes For More Than
25/30 Seconds.......

Thank You All So Much And Please Pardon My Rambling!

I Look Forward To Any Responses.

Rose

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17329 Re: An Introduction, A Hello, And Some Questions.Greypins@a...   Mon  2/11/2002
17331 Re: An Introduction, A Hello, And Some Questions.Rose Nightingale Nickerson   Mon  2/11/2002
17332 Re: An Introduction, A Hello, And Some Questions.John Link   Mon  2/11/2002
17333 Re: An Introduction, A Hello, And Some Questions.Rose Nightingale Nickerson   Mon  2/11/2002
17334 Re: An Introduction, A Hello, And Some Questions.John Link   Mon  2/11/2002
17335 Re: An Introduction, A Hello, And Some Questions.Rose Nightingale Nickerson   Mon  2/11/2002
17336 Re: An Introduction, A Hello, And Some Questions.Lea Ann Martin   Mon  2/11/2002
17337 Re: An Introduction, A Hello, And Some Questions.Rose Nightingale Nickerson   Mon  2/11/2002
17349 Re: Breathing Sharon Szymanski   Mon  2/11/2002

emusic.com