Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Buffy Hunt" <buffy@t...>
Date:  Fri May 19, 2000  12:41 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Audition experience

Here's a question for the group from an old singer (48 and haven't audition
in 20 yrs, last one in Boston - got all the same stuff - too short, too
small, not the right sound etc...). Anyway, I have been away from it for a
while. But I remember back then I did arias that weren't really done that
often (today they are standards). If someone sang Catherine's aria from
Washington Square by Pasatieri, how would they respond. It has all the
highs and lows (a below middle c and high c, with lots of nice b flats
etc...). Very dramatic, very exciting (IMHO) and very challenging. Would
they recognize it?? Would they want to hear something like that? Or are
they happier with the staples of Dove Sono or Mi chiamano????

Buffy Hunt