Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jenni <jenni@G...>
Date:  Fri Feb 8, 2002  2:20 pm
Subject:  re: What to wear for school auditions

My principle policy is "Better to be overdressed than underdressed."

My next thought is go conservative. There is nothing wrong with showing
off some things, but the object is not to show as much skin as possible.

I am also of the "no pants club" when auditioning, if only because I had a
soprano friend in undergrad who got several unfavourable comments in a
competition because she wore pants.

But the most important thing is to make sure that it is comfortable. You
will probably be taking placement tests, waiting around, and going to
meetings/orientations/interviews all day, wandering around trying to find
that next place, so you don't want to wear something you are dying to get
out of all day, especially the shoes.

Good luck at your auditions -- Where are you auditioning?

All the best,

-- Jenni

--
Jenni Glier || Andrea: Unhappy the land that has no heroes.
Jenni@G... || Galileo: No, unhappy the land that needs heroes.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17300 Re: What to wear for school auditionsMezzoid@a...   Fri  2/8/2002

emusic.com