Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 8, 2002  2:12 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Wintter Watts

In a message dated 02/07/2002 3:45:28 PM Central Standard Time,
sopran@a... writes:

<< In a message dated 2/7/02 4:27:37 PM, thomas8@t... writes:

<<
I would also like to add that Mr. Watts was one of the first American
composers of African descent who achieved some compositional importance on
the international level, no mean feat in his generation.

Mark >>

Mark,

Thank you for the information--it provides a very interesting perspective.
May I ask how you know that he was African American? I think I detect the
germ of another recital idea here!

Judy >>

Any relation to Andre Watts?

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17295 Re: Wintter Wattsthomas mark montgomery   Fri  2/8/2002

emusic.com