Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Thu May 18, 2000  9:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Song for sister's wedding - suggestions?

>From: LMorgan923@a...
>In a message dated 05/18/2000 1:09:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>JessicaDW@e... writes:
>
><< My sister just announced she is getting married - they've decided on a
> Hawaii themed wedding at the Elvis Chapel in Las Vegas -I know, I know,
>but
> that's my sister!!!! I will be the maid of honor (wearing a mumu!) and
> would love to find a song to sing for her on her wedding day as a
>surprise.
>

> Well, given the place and theme, I'd say you just have to go with an
>Elvis song. How about "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You"?
>
>Lee Morgan
>Mezzo-soprano

Here's a less-recognizable possibility: In "Viva Las Vegas," Elvis sings a
terribly pretty ballad that begins "I give, give you my heart..." It, his
kick-butt cover of "What'd I Say" and Ann-Margret's Barbie-Doll-with-a-brain
are the best reasons to watch that movie.

Will have to do some searching to find the title etc., I guess.

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

I don't think of myself as a canary. I am a big, bad-a** mockingbird.