Vocalist.org archive

From:  "elly28_03" <bellavocemia@h...>
Date:  Wed Feb 6, 2002  10:13 pm
Subject:  Re: Panic attack during audition

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...> wrote:

> 2) Any tips on how handle my nerves?

Hi Ingo :)

Wow! I feel for you. That is never a good feeling. Try not to let it
get you down. On a positive note, its a learning experience right?

I have a little visualization that I use when my nerves let loose. I
find that it helps to stop a slight case of nerves(which I personally
like) from gaining momentum.

Here goes..

Close your eyes to block out external images

Imagine a square (fair sized but not huge and equal on all 4 sides)

As you tavel up the left side of the square slowly beathe in for a
count of 5

As you travel across the top of the square hold that breath for the
same count of 5

As you travel down the right side of the square, exhale for the count
of 5

As you travel across the bottom of the square hold that exhale (do not
breath in) for a count of 5

Resume your regular breathing pattern and slowly open your eyes

Do this about 3 or 4 times - no more or you will be in too much of a
meditative state.

This is best used when you first feel your nerves picking up energy
but it can be used at any time!

I hope this helps! I'll let you know if I think of anything else. :)

Take care

Elly

emusic.com