Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Wed Feb 6, 2002  9:50 pm
Subject:  Panic attack during audition

I just had the unpleasant experience of having a panic attack in the
middle of my first 'real' audition. I expected to be nervous, but not
this, especially since I've never had anything close to a panic attack
before performing, speaking in public, etc.

I suppose the good news is that I was allowed to take a short break and
go again. I got through the aria ok the second time around, but was
short of breath on most of the medium to long phrases.

Anyway, I have two questions:

1) Is this something that I can expect to happen at future auditions
(i.e., am I predisposed for panic attacks now that it's happened once)?
2) Any tips on how handle my nerves? I don't want another audition
like this.

Ingo

17262 Re: Panic attack during auditionelly28_03   Wed  2/6/2002
17263 Re: Panic attack during auditionODivaTina@a...   Wed  2/6/2002
17311 Re: Panic attack during auditionSharon Szymanski   Sat  2/9/2002
17264 Re: Panic attack during auditionKaren Mercedes   Wed  2/6/2002
17266 Re: Panic attack during auditionKaren Mercedes   Thu  2/7/2002
17267 Re: Panic attack during auditionODivaTina@a...   Thu  2/7/2002
17269 Re: Panic attack during auditionElizabeth Finkler   Thu  2/7/2002
17270 Re: Panic attack during auditionGreypins@a...   Thu  2/7/2002
17294 Re: Panic attack during auditionKarin Mandix   Fri  2/8/2002

emusic.com