Vocalist.org archive

From:  bethwalk@s...
Date:  Wed Feb 6, 2002  1:50 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] menopause

Laura,
I heard Dr. Abitol (the ENT mentioned in the article) speak about three
years ago. He did indeed mention that the synthetic version of
progesterone was the problem and to be avoided if possible. I took tons
of notes (this was a NATS convention) and took them back home to my
gynecologist. He sat down and read them, then he told me he had never
thought about the voice and hormones, and that it would be a great
research topic. I have a feeling we need to be dragging this info to our
doctors before they have us taking things that change us and can't be
changed back. Also, it was nice to hear that extra pounds might make
menopause easier-its about time they were good for something! In answer
to the disclaimer by the gentleman who offered us this link- this was a
topic of interest for all the men present at the convention and they
were quite involved in discussion afterwards.. Male teachers do have
women students (and some of my best friends are men....;o)

Elizabeth Walker

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17249 Re: menopauseJohn Link   Wed  2/6/2002

emusic.com