Vocalist.org archive

From:  "genxhousewife" <rtpeacoc@e...>
Date:  Tue Feb 5, 2002  3:17 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Amount of air used in singing

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., buzzcen@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 2/4/2002 4:03:27 AM Central Standard Time,
> denanny@h... writes:

[snip]

> > So, the solution might be found in relaxation techniques where you > > learn
to first relax the body and then focus on the breath. I had > > the same problem
and went to see a fysiotherapist, although I'm
> > not sure that's the person to see in your healthcare-system.

[snip]

> How about de-emphasizing breath and focusing on how the vocal folds > adduct.
After all, they are the real regulator of breath.

If a student asked how to do this, how would you describe it to him/
her? I am wondering if this might be the key to the "fuzziness" I
always hear in playbacks of my singing. (It's not the tape -- the
other voices in these recordings don't sound "fuzzy".)

Thanks,
Robin P.
mezzo (?) in training

emusic.com