Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Mon Feb 4, 2002  1:43 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Amount of air used in singing

In a message dated 2/4/2002 4:03:27 AM Central Standard Time,
denanny@h... writes:

> Hi Mirko,
> I know what you mean. It seems to me like you tend to hyperventilate a bit
> once you pay real attention to your breathing. Hyperventilation makes you
> feel the way you describe, and doesn't always look like you're out of
> breath
> or having a panic-attack.... So, the solution might be found in relaxation
> techniques where you learn to first relax the body and then focus on the
> breath. I had the same problem and went to see a fysiotherapist, although
> I'm not sure that's the person to see in your healthcare-system. Things
> like
> yoga might also be good for you.
> Hope this helps,
> Nande

How about de-emphasizing breath and focusing on how the vocal folds adduct.
After all, they are the real regulator of breath.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17231 Re: Amount of air used in singinggenxhousewife   Tue  2/5/2002

emusic.com