Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Sun Feb 3, 2002  7:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] menopause

In a message dated 2/2/2002 6:07:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

> REQUEST: May I ask what, exactly, you mean when you speak of
> "create(s) holes in that lower middle voice area from not having the
> column open enough." The words "column open enough" in particular is
> the phrase that I would like explained in more detail. Thanks
>
> --

By "column open enough", I mean the entire vocal passage being fully open,
and free of tensions. It also includes the barrel of the ribs and abdomen
being expanded in a relaxed position, with the body below that being a solid
foundation for appoggio.
TinaO

emusic.com