Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sat Feb 2, 2002  6:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] menopause

In a message dated 02/02/2002 12:57:08 PM Central Standard Time,
ODivaTina@a... writes:

<< As for Bartoli, I have the opposite reaction to her. I never find her
technique to be distracting, and I find her soulfulness so complete, that it
transcends technique. For instance, on her recent Vivaldi disc, (amazing
disc; one of a very select few classical desert island CDs for me), on track
4 in the recit, her emotion is so out there that her voice has distortion
and
grit similar to what one hears only rock or pop recordings. >>

I only have her early CDs. I'll have to check out the later ones. I may
have spoken a little too strongly -- while I admire the early CDs, I'm not
that moved by her. But then again, she was quite young when she made the
early CDs and perhaps the emotion that I felt was superficial then is there
now and is real.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com