Vocalist.org archive

From:  debbie.hanna@j...
Date:  Fri Feb 1, 2002  3:11 am
Subject:  Re: Female voice changes

Leslie wrote:

Any "mature" female vocalisters out there want to share
their experiences? >>>>

>>>But I'm singing better now than I ever have.

Peggy>>

I would love it if any additional "mature" voices would post their
experiences - great idea Leslie. Thanks for sharing Peggy - what you
said makes sense:

>> I told him it was probably because the singer with the "old" voice
thinks she doesn't have to keep studying voice and
working to improve her vocal technique.>>

I've only been singing solo and studying seriously for the last 5 years
(chorus, ensemble prior) and am in my early 40's. I just recently
started researching this subject on female singers and menopause and
haven't found much helpful information! That article was very helpful to
read. But what can we do in order to make this transition without fear
of losing everything we've worked so hard for? Doesn't seem to be too
many (any?) experts around that know about female singers and menopause.

Deb