Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 31, 2002  3:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] pseudo opera

In a message dated 01/30/2002 9:30:46 PM Central Standard Time,
Greypins@a... writes:

<< though there might be some people, even a great number of people, who
might buy a bocelli cd based on the idea of a 'blind guy singing that opera
stuff', whether it's the appeal of someone so afflicted doing what he's doing
or, he has the tragic poet look going or, whatever, they are not likely to
buy a second bocelli cd unless they like his music, his singing or, both. >>

Speaking of which, I was at Barnes & Noble today and Bocelli has a book out
which is an autobiographical novel about how he lost his sight in his
childhood and overcame the tragic loss through the wonder of music. (It's a
novel in that he writes it about a little boy named "Amos", but the inside
jacket discusses how this is a device for him to write about himself.) It's
displayed right above his CDs. No, of course, this is not exploitation.
That would be a horrible accusation.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com