Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 31, 2002  3:26 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] pseudo opera

caio and richard,

though there might be some people, even a great number of people, who
might buy a bocelli cd based on the idea of a 'blind guy singing that opera
stuff', whether it's the appeal of someone so afflicted doing what he's doing
or, he has the tragic poet look going or, whatever, they are not likely to
buy a second bocelli cd unless they like his music, his singing or, both.

the only reason i ever listened to jennifer lopez was because of her
looks. i don't listen to her now because i can't stand her. her looks
have come to be less enticing to me, as well, as looking at her reminds me
how much i don't like her music. i like mariah carey. i like the way she
looks and, i like the way she sounds. even if she looked like monserrat
caballe (i don't mean to insult ms. caballe. it's just that she's really
not my type), i would still like to listen to her sing as, i still enjoy ms.
caballe's perfomance of liu on the recording i have of 'turandot'.

ultimately, i wish to point out that, when the novelty of the 'hook'
wears off, we are left with the singing and, this is what i think brings in
return customers. anyone can be fooled once but, being fooled a second
time, by the same trick, is less likely.

mike

emusic.com