Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Wed Jan 30, 2002  8:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Handel arias?!

Popular soprano arias from Oratorios other than MESSIAH:

Let the bright Seraphim, from SAMSON

O sleep, why dost thou leave me, from SEMELE - also nice, though less
popular, is Endless pleasure

O had I Jubal's lyre, from JOSHUA (and reused in JUDAS MACCABEUS)

Sweet bird, from L'ALLEGRO, IL PENSEROSO, ED IL MODERATO

Popular soprano arias from Operas other than GIULIO CESARE:

Tornami a vagheggiar, from ALCINA - also noteworthy, Credete al mio dolore

Lascia ch'io pianga - and - Bel piacere, from RINALDO

Care selve, from ATALANTA

Also noteworthy:

Affanni del pensier, from OTTONE

Va godendo, from SERSE

Bel piacere, from AGRIPPINA

Here amid the shady woods, from ALEXANDER BALUS

Come ever-smiling Liberty, from JOSHUA (reused in JUDAS MACCABEUS)

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
What lies behind us, and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17105 Re: Handel arias?!tidwellchristy   Wed  1/30/2002

emusic.com