Vocalist.org archive

From:  "elly28_03" <bellavocemia@h...>
Date:  Tue Jan 29, 2002  11:22 pm
Subject:  Female voice change?

Hello again! I am curious to know if a womans voice can change. For
example, could a woman, as her voice matures move from soprano to
mezzo or alto?

I used to sing stratospheric notes with alarming ease but now it seems
I need to work at it. I know the colour of my voice has deepened a
bit since I was 18 but this is leaving me a little perplexed. I still
have a very clear sound but it seems that my high c doent come as
easily as it once did. My lower range has expanded by about 3
singable notes and five if I count the notes that are "under
construction".

Could my difficulty be psychological? I might be listening too much.

Can anyone offer ways to get over this hurdle??

Thank you very much for your replies! they are greatly appreciated!

Elly

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17070 Re: Female voice change?Laura Ruiz   Wed  1/30/2002
17078 Re: Female voice change?elly28_03   Wed  1/30/2002
17079 Re: Female voice change?Laura Ruiz   Wed  1/30/2002
17071 Re: Female voice change?leskayc@a...   Wed  1/30/2002
17076 Re: Female voice change?lolipastor@a...   Wed  1/30/2002

emusic.com