Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Jan 29, 2002  6:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] CD/disc vs tape recorders in studios (was: i need recommendati...

In a message dated 01/29/2002 8:55:40 AM Central Standard Time,
dalila@R... writes:

<< But I suspect you'd be far better off just sticking with the most
universal of the audio recording media - which is still standard cassette
tape. Students can either bring their own blanks (which is how most
teachers manage it), or you can provide blanks. With a good microphone,
you'll still get very good quality audio. ANd most of all, you will never
have to worry about your students not being able to USE the recordings you
make in the studio because they don't have a system on which they can play
them back. >>

One thing that is a real drag right now is that they are not making cassette
decks with external mikes anymore. I just got a new stereo system and I
wanted something with a mike jack. I went to a real audio store, not a big
box chain, and was told that they are phasing out that technology and there
is nothing new on the market. They could sell me a mini-disk, DAT,
CD-burner, but not a cassette deck. I can get cheap stuff but nothing that
will be part of a system. BUT from what I've been told, I can plug my MD or
my old Sony Pro Walkman into my receiver and use it as a mike for my dual
cassette, so my students can use their cassettes. I haven't figured out just
how to do that yet, but it's the plan.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17067 Re: CD/disc vs tape recorders in studios (was: i Karen Mercedes   Tue  1/29/2002
17074 Re: CD/disc vs tape recorders in studios (was: i Jennifer   Wed  1/30/2002
17088 Re: CD/disc vs tape recorders in studios (was: i Karen Mercedes   Wed  1/30/2002

emusic.com