Vocalist.org archive

From:  Andrea K <ipiggy7@y...>
Date:  Tue Jan 29, 2002  9:23 am
Subject:  Re: fantasy concert

It's already happened. Many times, something goes
out and the singer keeps going to reveal a
surprisingly good voice, does the rest acapella,
unplugged, un-miked (even in a carpeted hall -
shudder) whatever.

Then again, this is funnier: it's also happened
that a friend of mine saw guns and roses in
London. He said that the Guitar and bass player
were a semi-tone off from each other, and axl
sang above it all matching neither, it was truly
horrible ( and there were no equipment failures,
perhaps new strings or something). Anyway
although they sucked at that gig, no one demanded
their money back, people just kept partying,
moshing and throwing bras. Sure the musicians
thought it sucked probably wondering if Axl can
sing even when sober. Truly disgusting isn't
it!?! heheheheheh, that's rock n roll. Now if an
Opera star sings poorly at a show, does the
audience forgivingly applaude and throw
underwear? I think not. I'd pay to see that ;-)
-Andrea

---Begin In cluded Message----
I have this fanstasy. Someday, at some
hugely-hyped concert
by a big pop-star "singer" with limited vocal
chops (I won't
name any names, but we all have our candidates),
some key
technology will go on the fritz in the middle of
a song, and
the star's non-live singing will be exposed, and
the people
who spent a fortune to attend will realize how
they've been
cheated by this and every similar performer, and
they will
demand their money back, and there will be a huge public

http://auctions.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17041 Re: fantasy concertMezzoid@a...   Tue  1/29/2002
17043 Re: fantasy concertGreypins@a...   Tue  1/29/2002
17046 Re: fantasy concertelly28_03   Tue  1/29/2002

emusic.com