Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Mon Jan 28, 2002  9:18 pm
Subject:  Re: i need recommendations

Mike,

here's the set-up that my teacher uses which works quite well: the
mixing board (? - I'm thinking of the piece of equipment that lets you
set volume, balance, etc. on your microphone) has two leads -- a
mini-disc record and a mini-disk play.

The mini-disc record goes into the "optical line in" (at least that is
how most mini-CD recorders call it) for recording purposes. The
mini-disc play links the mini-CD recorders output (usually a head
phones symbol) to the stereo (as if you were adding another component).

The following mini-CD recorder manufacturers are quite good -- Sony
(e.g., MZ-R500PC, MZ-R700, MZ-R900PC) Sharp (MD-MT15), and JVC. They
range in price from approximately $150 - 250, depending on features.
I've seen one or two come with a remote control, which might be very
useful for what you intend to do, especially since the buttons on the
mini-CD recorder are quite small.

Cheers,
Ingo

P.S. I've owned a Sony MZ-R700 and currently own a JVC. I haven't
noticed a difference in recording quality, but I do think the Sony was
easier to use.

http://auctions.yahoo.com

emusic.com