Vocalist.org archive

From:  Erica Zweig <ezweig@e...>
Date:  Mon Jan 28, 2002  7:11 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Political correctness

> > I have a new student whose primary language is
> > Spanish
> > - and his English has a strong accent.

Dear Imthurn Melinda:

I have a new baritone student who also has a verrrrry
thick Latino accent when singing English, which made
itself an "issue" of sorts at his recent vocal jury. He
sang the theme from Camelot and it seemed to lend itself
favorably to that character!

However, others have apparently mentioned this to him in
the past as a potential drawback (which it could be) and
so we are working on his English diction, as well as
his self-consciousness about it.

Thank you for bringing up the topic on the list. It
need not be taken a wrong way.
--Erica

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17018 Re: Political correctnessKaren Mercedes   Mon  1/28/2002
17024 Re: Political correctnessErica Zweig   Mon  1/28/2002

emusic.com