Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Mon Jan 28, 2002  4:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: critical commentary/ breathing exercises

In a message dated 01/28/2002 8:58:58 AM Central Standard Time,
sopran@a... writes:

<< Yes--but emotions aren't rational. Here's how it works. If you die, it's
over
and done with. And people will probably feel sorry for you, and miss you.
But
if you make an ass of yourself, you have to live with it, and you probably
won't get much sympathy.

Perhaps it's my fear of death (or joy in life, to be more positive) that
makes this a comforting phrase for me. A friend of mine, OTOH, said exactly
that. "With death, you have no future. With making an ass of yourself, you
have a dismal future." Perspective is everything. Maybe it's just that I've
made an ass of myself often enough in my lifetime to know that I'll get over
it.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com