Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sat Jan 26, 2002  9:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplification

"Lloyd W. Hanson" wrote, in explaining what a "click track"
was:

> When vocals are pre-recorded and lip synched it can hardly be
> considered a live performance even if the live performer is there
> doing the lip synching.

I have this fanstasy. Someday, at some hugely-hyped concert
by a big pop-star "singer" with limited vocal chops (I won't
name any names, but we all have our candidates), some key
technology will go on the fritz in the middle of a song, and
the star's non-live singing will be exposed, and the people
who spent a fortune to attend will realize how they've been
cheated by this and every similar performer, and they will
demand their money back, and there will be a huge public
controversy that will lead to a sea-change in pop-music
tastes, back to a singer, a great tune, poetic or clever
words, and a 3-piece combo.

I know, dream on.....

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16928 Re: pseudo opera, was: Singers and AmplificationJohn Link   Sat  1/26/2002

emusic.com