Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sat Jan 26, 2002  7:26 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: pseudo opera

In a message dated 01/25/2002 10:11:26 PM Central Standard Time,
caiorossi@t... writes:

<< If the masses can buy a CD performed by 3 fat, old and ugly guys, why is
Bocelli supposed to depend on beauty and pity? >>

If you've ever seen Domingo in person, you couldn't call him ugly. I've met
him and no matter his age or his heft, the man is hot. There is just a
magnetism about him.

I still maintain that Bocelli's initial appeal was that of the blind guy
discovered by the old fat guy (Pavarotti). I first heard of him on 60
Minutes, an American news program. The big deal there was that he was blind.
Perhaps his appeal has spread beyond that, but that was the initial
marketing tool.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com