Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@t...>
Date:  Sat Jan 26, 2002  3:54 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] specialized ears

Andrea>Perhaps after a month (or would it take 6?) they
would realize that it's not all "pop" music and
could finally hear the difference between Jazz,
Blues, Rock, Heavy Metal, Alternative and pop,
etc..

Hahahaha! That was great!

> Perhaps they could hear past the "vocal
mistakes" to appreciate other qualities in the
human voice and the originality of people who
don't sing ancient cover songs.<

As this seems to have become a Primal Scream Therapy group session, I'll say
exactly what I think:
Ancientness! That word represents the greatest impediment for opera. Musical
theater is a popular attempt to update that concept ( a play where the
characters' lines are sung ). However, I don't think it really translates
opera to our era, at least not those terrible things from Broadway. It's
just "popous" ( pompous pop), music made for sales reps by their children
trying to redeem their origins. "Lumpenproletariat" with a college degree
gone entertainers and celebrating their petit bourgeois limitations as if
those were an improvement. As ludicrous as a shopping mall.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Now I'm relieved!

Hugs,

Caio

emusic.com