Vocalist.org archive

From:  Hild <hild@c...>
Date:  Sat Jan 26, 2002  2:47 am
Subject:  Re: pseudo opera

> too much stress by alternating it with a "clean timbre", and that she was
> sure the audience would then enjoy that distortion even more because it
> would be a highlighted feature for special parts of the music. I told that
> to a friend of mine who's into that kind of music too and he said: "She
> doesn't like rock, does she?".
>
> So I'll paraphrase him: "You don't like pseudo opera, do you?" hehe
>
> Hugs,
>
> Caio

You know, it's not a matter of "not liking" it. I even like SOME stuff
by those singers. What pisses me off is when they start to think they're
opera singers, and when people start to think they're opera singers, and
you tell someone you like opera and they say: oh me too! Thinking about
them!!! It pisses me off to hear an ignorant neighbour listening to a
cat all day long so loud that i'm obliged to hear. I can even picture
the scene: she gets he remote and says: oh that's so beautiful! =)
Bruna

emusic.com