Vocalist.org archive

From:  Andrea K <ipiggy7@y...>
Date:  Sat Jan 26, 2002  2:08 am
Subject:  specialized ears

While we're shipping people off, perhaps we could
ship off all those "specialized listeners" to a
desert island for a month, where they are
required to listen all day long to every kind of
music except opera (no mockopera allowed either).
Perhaps after a month (or would it take 6?) they
would realize that it's not all "pop" music and
could finally hear the difference between Jazz,
Blues, Rock, Heavy Metal, Alternative and pop,
etc.. Perhaps they could hear past the "vocal
mistakes" to appreciate other qualities in the
human voice and the originality of people who
don't sing ancient
cover songs.

You want the public to distinguish real opera,
yet lump all non-classical music together as pop.
If you don't respect non-classical singers and he
ears of the general public; why should the
general public give real opera a chance?
-Andrea

---Begin Included Message---
Sometimes I wish we could take all those
"non-specialized" listeners
and
ship them off to a desert island for a month with
nothing but
recordings
by Bjoerling, Corelli, Caruso, Thill, etc. Then,
when they return, we
can

http://auctions.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16902 Re: specialized earsCaio Rossi   Sat  1/26/2002
16907 Re: specialized earsvoiceslp   Sat  1/26/2002
16955 Re: specialized earsMargaret Harrison   Sun  1/27/2002
16956 Re: specialized earsGreypins@a...   Sun  1/27/2002
16958 Re: specialized earsMezzoid@a...   Sun  1/27/2002
16966 Re: specialized earsLee Morgan   Sun  1/27/2002
17007 Re: specialized earsrichard@r...   Mon  1/28/2002
17013 Re: specialized earsMezzoid@a...   Mon  1/28/2002

emusic.com