Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@t...>
Date:  Fri Jan 25, 2002  4:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] pseudo opera

I wrote:> 2. Most people can't hear any difference between the 3
"legitimate" Tenors
> and Bocelli. They sound like opera, they're said to sing opera, they're
> opera singers all alike;

Mike:> i have to disagree here. bocelli's voice is in much better shape
than carreras'. i heard carreras in 'boheme' when he was 29 years old.
it
was the most beautiful tenor voice i have ever heard. i have always
thought
it was sad that he wrecked it.<

Dear Mike, when I said "most people" I OBVIOUSLY did not refer to a SINGING
TEACHER. And mostly to a singing teacher who belongs to a discussion group
such as this one.

Anyway, I didn't say anything about the quality of their voices, and the
fact that you can recognize those details rules you out of my "most people".
But even if people could notice that, they would still regard them all
equally as opera singers. The point is not what they actually are, but what
they're thought to be by those non-specialized ears.

Hugs,

Caio

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16873 Re: pseudo operaKaren Mercedes   Fri  1/25/2002

emusic.com