Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Denis J. Lanza" <voxman@s...>
Date:  Thu Jan 24, 2002  9:08 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Re: pseudo opera,

Caio,
Very good and valid points all around. Also true statements concerning the
training of these vocalists and most of their backgrounds. I, myself, am
currently training with a Certified Speech Level Singing Instructor who has
a Masters Degree from Julliard and had a successful international career as
an operatic soprano. Her name is Badiene Magaziner and she IS a vocal
goddess! I actually can sing in a connected voice up to the C 2 octaves
above Middle C and it is a usable and sustainable note. I don't think my
cords are different. I am just a tenor with very flexible cords I believe.
;) I can actually pick up chest registration all the way up which has to be
odd and I actually lean into an F above Tenor C and pick up the full
voice/chest registration but the tone still resonates in the head (no strain
or push/force just downward energy and outward support). My teacher is
amazed by this actually. She actually called her ex-boyfriend in Spain so
that he could hear me do it over the phone in one lesson! LOL I do this on
my band's new CD which is due out soon.

Yours In Music,
Denis J. Lanza
Lead Vocalist - Infinity Minus One
New CD - "Tales From the Mobius Strip" - Coming Soon
http://www.mp3.com/infinityminusone
http://www.infinityminusone.com