Vocalist.org archive

From:  "taylor23ferranti" <taylor23f@h...>
Date:  Thu Jan 24, 2002  9:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Alessandro Moreschi

Hello fellow listers,

I have not been posting for several months. Marriage, school, and
church are keeping me quite busy lately. I did want to write some
brief comments regarding the Moreschi recording.

We must keep in mind that Moreschi was in his mid-fourties when
these were made. Therefore, it may be a mistake to associate the
youthful sound of the castrati (like the "sort-of" castrati sound we
hear in the movie Farinelli) with this particular recording. Even in
his prime, Moreschi most likely would not have been considered a
great singer.

Take Care All,

Taylor L. Ferranti
Certificate of Vocology
DMA Candidate in Voice Performance/Voice Science
Louisiana State University

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16821 Re: Alessandro Moreschivelluti@c...   Thu  1/24/2002
16822 A little help with FrenchDebra Johnson   Thu  1/24/2002
16837 Re: Alessandro MoreschiIan Belsey   Fri  1/25/2002

emusic.com