Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Wed Jan 23, 2002  8:57 pm
Subject:  Re: RE: [vocalist] Re: pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplification

Freddie Mercury was a terrific singer. But that still doesn't mean that he
sang at a higher tessitura than most opera singers! There are plenty of pop
singers (rock is a pop genre) who have high notes and use them. The one who
comes to my mind is the late Minnie Ripperton. But the tessitura of the music
that she sang doesn't even come close to many operatic arias for coloratura
soprano. I wonder if our Mike has finally popped his cork? Just kidding,
Mike! Wink, wink, nudge nudge!

Judy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16775 Re: pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplificationvalevanni   Wed  1/23/2002

emusic.com