Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Leslie Jones" <LJones@s...>
Date:  Wed May 17, 2000  12:56 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] French diction

Chris Thomas wrote,

"Grubb's book is out of print, according to Amazon.com and I have to
teach French diction in the fall!!! Anyone know anything about WHY it's out
of print, if they're reissuing it?"

I ran into this when preparing for my everything-in-one-semester diction
class this semester, too (I was looking for it as a reference/resource for
myself; I used the Wall book for the class text; good, if a little flawed).
I called TIS, having tried to order it through Barnes & Noble (via the web),
and apparently the ISBN number has been changed, so a lot of places think
it's completely out of print. I got my copy from TIS in about four days. I
don't mean to sound like a walking advertisement, but they're really helpful
& pretty knowledgeable; you'll probably have better luck calling and talking
with a live person than ordering it over the internet.

Leslie J.

Leslie Jones, D.M.A.; Contralto
Dept. of Music, Southeast Missouri State Univ.
LJones@s... - (573) 651-2339

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1746 Re: michael.chesebro   Fri  5/19/2000   3 KB

emusic.com