Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Jan 21, 2002  5:05 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Singers and Amplification

In a message dated 1/20/2002 11:57:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tmitche2@t... writes:

> Mike wrote:
>
> << drums are probably the easiest instrument to play. after all,
> any
> fool can hit a drum. >>
>
> They may be among the easiest of instruments to make a sound (i.e., easy
> instruments would be piano, harp, stringed instruments that can be plucked
> as compared to a wind instrument that requires getting the embouchure to
> work properly in order to make a noise), however, that doesn't mean the
> instruments are easy to play. You still have to count! ;-0

terry,

i had hoped that my suggestion that i wouldn't want to listen to most
people who could hit a drum, was enough to imply it was due to the likelihood
that some of them would not play well enough to be considered seriously.

mike

emusic.com