Vocalist.org archive

From:  GWendel Yee <gwyee@r...>
Date:  Mon Jan 21, 2002  1:56 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] the fags

At 03:49 PM 1/20/02 -0000, Leo Morgan wrote:
>withdrawal, and wonder if these are symptoms---cold sore in nose, gums
>bleeding,
>{that has eased off now} cramps, depr ession, before, I could sing in a
>smoke filled
>car with all the windows shut , now a wiff of the heater and i'm choking.

Dear Leo,

I can't speak to the cold sore or bleeding gums. However, transient
depression is common. The nicotine is certainly a CNS stimulant. If it
gets to be too much, you can try either the nicotine chewing gum
["Nicorette"] or one of the nicotine patches [Nicoderm or Nicotrol]. At
this point, if you choose the patch, use the lowest dose; and please know
that this, too, shall pass.

As for the car heater--this may have to do with your sense of smell
returning to normal. Depending on the car, I sometimes gag when the heater
comes on, too. But flowers, forests, a woman's scent...all are going to be
new and exciting adventures for you! Hang in there!!

GWendel, dT

emusic.com