Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Mon Jan 21, 2002  12:43 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplification

In a message dated 1/20/02 7:35:44 PM, Greypins@a... writes:

<< i do think, as a pop singer, bocelli is
artistically valid and, i think he has real talent.

I've said pretty much the same thing. He's been attempting rep that is beyond
his present capabilities, though.

<<if anything, bocelli and church are just as likely to
lure the masses to opera than they are to steal people away from it.>>

You may be right. I think that Bocelli fans are more likely to make the
conversion to actual opera afficionados. I think that Charlotte Church fans
are threatened by any sound that other than that of a polite little girl.

Judy

emusic.com