Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Sat Jan 19, 2002  7:47 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Andrea Bocelli.

In a message dated 1/19/02 1:15:18 PM, gwyee@r... writes:

<< Still...sometimes I wish I could sing as badly as he does. I saw a
videoclip of him singing a duet with Pavarotti in 1994. He held his own
very well, both high and low.

Beware of what you wish for, you may get it! ;-)

Actually, Mr. Pavarotti may well have been being polite, not singing at full
volume so as not to embarrass his young colleage. He's known for his
generosity with younger singers. And you don't know for certain that the
sound wasn't "balanced" by the recording engineers. (I'll bet it was.)

Also, it's not fair to compare the young and healthy Bocelli with Pavarotti
who is long past his vocal prime. If you were able to place them side by side
at the age of say, 36 years and compare aria for aria, you would be very
embarrassed for Mr. Bocelli.

Judy

emusic.com