Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@t...>
Date:  Sat Jan 19, 2002  2:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Then- and now

Ron:

know some will quibble about my use of "much of the world". I am not
talking about regional things like Balkan music, Throat singing, and
tribal chant but rather the Western World Standard.
...THERE IS NO ACCEPTED STANDARD anymore.!!
Entertainers can make an obscene amout of money because the public
has been dumbed down to the point of accepting bad for good, ugly for
beautiful, trash for Art, and garbage for music!!!
I am NOT PC! Never will be. <

Opera was developed in a Catholic world where profit was conditioned to the
ideal of "the fair price" Thomas Aquina dedicated chapters to figure out and
where interest rates were illegal, etc, etc. Liberal capitalism and
multiculturalism developed in Anglo-Saxon countries. It's none of my
business! hehe

>Even Vocalist is being dumbed down but this "C--" thread, and the
feeble "me too" one-liners. If you want to try to make it as a comedy
writer for stand up routines, Go ahead. Find another forum!
No wonder many of the intelligent posters on relevant matters have
gone silent. I ask again, HAS IT ALL BEEN SAID? As Peggy Lee
asked,"Is that ALL there IS? I will continue to peruse the posts, and save
very few. When trolls
and feel-good PC dominate Vocalist, I will sally forth again.<

I've been a member off and on since it was at www.vocalist.org and nothing
has really changed. It's always been a group for all tendencies, as it
continues to be. I agree with your anti-PC attitude and I think I've always
been the only member who openly expresses that attitude without caring for
other members' reactions. And I'm Brazilian and into heavy, prog metal
mostly, so I'd profit from supporting PC concepts. Instead of complaining
about other people's attitude, why don't you start expressing your point of
view here more often? You can't expect anti-PC opinions to be expressed by
people who hold PC opinions!

Best wishes,

Caio

emusic.com