Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sat Jan 19, 2002  1:17 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Andrea Bocelli.

In a message dated 1/18/2002 7:10:39 PM Central Standard Time,
jgargano@d... writes:

> There are opera singers out there already who don't have the same sound
> quality desired to be considered operetic. I think Andrea Bocelli's voice
> would be well suited in a small concert hall with nice acoustics. If he had
> the proper training and gave up the recording artist gig he would make it
> as an opera singer. I have even heard that Luciano Povarotti was impressed
> with the sound of his voice, so he must be doing something right. I don't
> think that it's all engineering and he can work on his technique on
> supporting the breath abit more he would have that louder sound which would
> carry. Just my 2 cents.

Bocelli's technique is fine, he wouldn't get through his passagi as well as
he did if it was not. It's just a smaller voice that in times gone by would
have been able to sing in smaller opera voices. Bigger houses eliminate his
voice type from having a chance therefore, for him, he made the right
decision as where to go with what he has and it's paid off handsomely ...
more power to him.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16599 Re: Andrea Bocelli.Denis J. Lanza   Sat  1/19/2002

emusic.com