Vocalist.org archive

From:  Hild <hild@c...>
Date:  Sat Jan 19, 2002  1:55 am
Subject:  Re: Re: Charlotte

> I can remember telling many people for the first he was blind after they had
> already told me they liked him, or had bought his CD, etc.

What kinda people are you talking about? The same people that think
Liriel is an opera singer?
Come on, Bocelli has a cute voice but it's not suited for opera!

> And have you seen
> Montserrat Cabalet singing? What could be attractive in her image?

She is an opera singer! I don't think there are many opera singers out
there trying to have Charlotte's or Bocelli's success. Have you noticed
that Charlotte has more websites than Joan Sutherland, Birgit Nilsson
and probably any other true opera singer(true and GREAT), but Maria
Callas?

> Or the 3
> Tenors? I think what people like is Bocelli's italianated operatic-ish
> hehe ) way of singing romantic songs. It's this cheesy romantic atmosphere
> that Italians are so good at.

Yeah, agree... But don't tell me that his blindness doesn't help him
sell cds!

> In Charlotte, her angelical voice and relaxing
> repertoire.

Have you heard her singing the Jewel Song? Habanera?
Besides the british folksongs....
For me "relaxing repertoire" is Enya's!

> Can you remember when some years ago those monks became pop
> stars with that Gregorian chants CD? And that's original stuff, not
> fabricated. I think that explains their success much better than 'image'
> only.

What about that noisy "angel" atmosphere? Uh!!!! I'm sick of it!!!
Bruna

emusic.com