Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sat Jan 19, 2002  12:11 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Charlotte

In a message dated 01/18/2002 6:02:58 PM Central Standard Time,
sopran@a... writes:

<< << her timbre is due to sound-engineering >>

Also, I never said that her timbre is due to sound engineering. >>

I don't know why people keep saying that this was said. It wasn't. No one,
not me, not Judy, said that her TIMBRE was due to sound engineering. What I
meant was that there are a lot of singers these days whose careers are
created in the studio, and who would not be able to maintain that same level
of success if they didn't have the sound engineers to tweak flaws in their
vocal techniques. Opera is an art of the stage, not the recording studio.
If Ms. Church can sing in the same way on a stage, unamplified, that she can
in the recording studio, then she is an opera singer. If she cannot, then
perhaps we can classify her as a CLASSICAL singer, based solely on her style
and repertoire.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com