Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Fri Jan 18, 2002  4:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Charlotte

In a message dated 1/17/2002 7:46:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Mezzoid@a... writes:

> Well, hopefully she's investing that money well, because the girl is in
> vocal
> trouble and may not have a career in 5 years. It is a pretty voice, there
> is
> no questioning that... but if you watch her sing, it is very troublesome.

I agree. It is a pretty enough voice, although amateurish, and I do applaud
her "luck" at being the center of a marketing machine that somehow chose her
to mine for riches for all concerned. She does, however, completely lack soul
in her singing, which might or might not be due to her age. (Although at that
age, all I had was soul, and no technique. My expression is what made the
impression.) At any rate, your advice to save her money well is sound, in my
opinion, and if she truly wants to be an opera singer as she has stated, my
hope is that she will milk this ride for all its worth, and then take 3-5
years off in her early twenties for some intensive training for her
transformation into an opera singer. It will be interesting to see what
becomes of her.
TinaO

emusic.com