Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@t...>
Date:  Fri Jan 18, 2002  3:57 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Charlotte

Andrea:

>As a rock singer who takes classical voice
lessons I hope someday to have the income and
fame of Charlotte Church -

I wouldn't like to be famous. I've always thought it must suck. The income,
on the other hand...

>Sure once in a while she chooses notes and songs
that I wouldn't, but in general I like to listen
to her - not that I would buy the album; but then
again I prefer Dream Theater.<

That's my favorite band too. But as LaBrie is getting heavier everyday, give
me Charlotte anytime ( I can wait until she turns 18 )! hehe

Tina:

>unbelieveably amateurish; singing off the voice,with no back space, no
breath control, no phrasing. (It reminded me ofme when I was a VERY
beginning student, actually.)

But were you any older than Charlotte then? How old is she now? 15? I
understand you said that because she does not fullfill the requirements for
singing opera, but don't you think she's very good for a young
"classically-oriented pop singer", which is actually all she is?

Your analysis would make sense to me only if she had been cast in an opera,
or if opera listeners weren't able to distinguish what's what. But it
doesn't seem to be the case.

Best wishes,

Caio

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16549 Re: CharlotteLaura Ruiz   Fri  1/18/2002

emusic.com