Vocalist.org archive

From:  <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Wed Jan 16, 2002  7:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] vocal health?

Courtney wrote:
<< For the past week, the left side of my throat has hurt whenever I swallowed,
sometimes also when I sneeze, and aches dully when I lie on it. I've been
resting my voice, but since it is not improving, I suspect it is not related to
vocal misuse. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be or things that
might help, etc.? >>

I agree - go see a doctor. But for what it's worth, sometimes when I get sinus
infections it feels like my throat is hurting, but it's really pressure from my
sinuses. I've had a series of sinus infections in the past, and they can be
tough to clear up if you let them go too long, so now, at the first indication
I've got an infection (i.e., I feel sick rather than just like it's a little
stuffiness from an allergy, or something hurts), I go see the doctor.

Peggy

---
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com