Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue May 16, 2000  6:13 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] PC?

In a message dated 05/16/2000 10:20:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
colin.reed@e... writes:

<< One that immediately springs to mind is the use of the term G*d, when
other names for deities have been spelled out correctly. I have no problem
in referring to God, (would I get stoned by bearded ladies if I said
"Jehovah"?), but I do recall that it did start a discussion a while back. >>

Well, I started doing it because some people complained to me that their
religion forbids them from ever deleting the name of the higher power from
their computers as disrespectful (yipes) and it was taking up too much space
on their hard drives. Personally, I think G*d doesn't want us to waste
valuable computer space and would understand, but then I thought what the
heck. It doesn't take any more energy to put in an asterisk instead of an
"o".

Christine Thomas
Mezzo-Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com