Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun Jan 13, 2002  3:11 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] beatles,pop,rap michmash

In a message dated 01/13/2002 9:05:44 AM Central Standard Time,
buzzcen@a... writes:

<< Actually in Illinois we call people from Wisconsin cheeseheads, they call
us
FIBS (which I won't tell you what that means).

Ah, yes, I know exactly what that means! I've also heard Illinoyances called
"flatlanders." But I spend a lot of time down in IL singing and I would live
in Chicago in a heartbeat, if it weren't for the fact that I have a very cool
house and to find a house of similar size and proximity to the highway and
downtown would cost me 4x as much in Chicagoland. Plus my SO goes nuts when
he has to deal with traffic - it's the same reason we lived in Baltimore and
not in DC, although most of my work was in DC.

(Note to List: This was on-topic - I did use the word "singing.") :)

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com