Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Fiona Chow" <fionat@i...>
Date:  Sun Jan 13, 2002  5:55 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] lullaby

The wonderful rep-goddess Karen wrote:
And I've got two versions of
> > Handel's CARA SPOSA from Semele. The Kagen edition is in the original
key,
> > while the Schirmer edition (in the Grey mezzo book) is a whole step
> > higher.

Hi Karen,
I believe Cara Sposa is from RINALDO, not Semele, and is sung by Rinaldo.
Rinaldo can be successfully sung by countertenors or mezzos. This really
has nothing to do with the original point of your post - but since I will be
performing in a shortened concert version of Rinaldo, I do know the opera
now (somewhat) although hey, once I actually get cracking to the practise
room, i'll know it even BETTER (and that had better happen SOON!!).

Fiona

emusic.com