Vocalist.org archive

From:  "panaveko" <denanny@h...>
Date:  Sat Jan 12, 2002  7:12 pm
Subject:  Just have to share...

Dear list,

First: all the best for all in 2002....

Then: I had a remarkable experience today.

A friend of mine studies jazz-flute in Rotterdam. The conservatory
there had an 'open day' today and she showed me around. At the end of
the afternoon, we were attending a public lesson classical voice,
given by Roberta Alexander, an american/dutch soprano. (very well
known here in the Netherlands...) And... somehow I ended up singing in
that public lesson!!
It was really great.. I sang Rachmanionov's 'vocalise' and Mozart's
Queen of the night (o, zittre nicht..) And, although I was not
very well prepared, had never sung either one with a live pianist
before.. it went reasonably well and ms. Alexander was very pleased!
(and I got a big round of applause from the peole in the room)
It was very inspiring to sing with someone as experienced and
successful as she is. she litterally took me by the hand and made me
simply go and do it... It was really a wonderful thing. (I still have
the adrenaline flowing!)

Wow...

I just had to share..... Who knows what will happen next??

Nande

emusic.com