Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sat Jan 12, 2002  3:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] the PERFECT teacher

In a message dated 01/12/2002 9:11:29 AM Central Standard Time,
LeaAnn@k... writes:

<< Those of you who have ended your lessons with a teacher what did you say?
I have been wondering what I will say to my current teacher. Shall I tell
her why I am quitting lessons with her? Shall I make something up? I feel
terribly awkward about this. >>

As Little Miss Hates Confrontation (seriously), I have always moved in order
to break up with someone, voice teachers, friends, husband (again,
seriously). Do you HAVE to say anything to her? Can you just say you've
decided to take a break (unspoken text: "from her") and you plan to start up
lessons again soon (unspoken text: "not with her")? I'm just thinking about
what someone else said - she may be better connected, at least locally, than
you know, and you don't want to tick her off. Or you could say that you'd
like a longer lesson time, and with her busy schedule, you knew she didn't
have time....

I know, I'm a wimp. I just hate hurting people's feelings, even if I don't
like them, and more so, I hate having people be angry with me....

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16436 Re: the PERFECT teacher/ leaving a studio...David   Sat  1/12/2002
16468 Re: the PERFECT teacherKaren Mercedes   Sun  1/13/2002
16493 Re: the PERFECT teacherdrama_diva_au   Tue  1/15/2002

emusic.com