Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Ruiz" <laura@d...>
Date:  Thu Jan 10, 2002  11:19 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] SINGERS AND MUSICIANS

There are also other instrumentalists who are extremely expressive:
Nadja Sallerno-Sonenberg, a violinist, oftentimes makes just as odd
expressions on her face as Cecilia Bartoli does. She's also very much a
free-spirit. Pianists who are expressive, oftentime will be swaying
back and forth with the music at the piano. I've even seen Jean-Pierre
Rampal move around quite expressively. I had a friend, a violinist, who
took breaths with each phrase. She wasn't a singer, but she was using a
singing technique to give expression to her music. It could be
distracting sometimes, but she's a wonderful and passionate musician and
this comes through in her playing very clearly.

Laura

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16391 Re: SINGERS AND MUSICIANSJohn Link   Thu  1/10/2002

emusic.com