Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Thu Jan 10, 2002  6:45 pm
Subject:  finding a new teacher (again)

In any event, you aren't happy with this teacher, you don't
trust her, so it's tiime for a new teacher. Accept that she
may be good for other students, but not for you, and find
someone who's good for you. (It so happens my teacher much
prefers working with older students and doesn't enjoy
working with high-school-age singers. Your teacher may well
be her mirror image!)

Good luck!

Peggy

Thank you Peggy, I think you are totally correct. I should trust myself to
know when something is not working for me. I have been on the phone all morning
talking to different voice teachers in my area, I found someone who took voice
lessons from my current voice teacher for a semester and she knew exactly what I
meant! She laughed and said that she knew too well how I felt when I left my
lessons and felt generally talentless and bad about myself...she said don't
worry that has nothing to do with your talent or lack of talent that's just how
she is. I will take an hour lesson with the person I talked to on Saturday, and
if she and I don't think we can work on my technical problems I have a back up
plan as well...I know there is help out there, there are voice teachers who are
serious about helping students. It's encouraging to hear someone say that they
can help me find some vibrato..when all I have been hearing from my current
teacher is "practice more" I practice for an hour a day every day at very least
and usually 2 hours. Practice more isn't getting the job done with regard to
not having any vibrato...I feel no vocal tension..no tension in the throat
either...so I need some real help here! I need to find a teacher who can
address these issues. At least I know there are other teachers in my area who
are ready to help.

Lea Ann

Lea Ann

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16377 Re: finding a new teacher (again)l.s.mountford@a...   Thu  1/10/2002
16380 Re: finding a new teacher (again)l.s.mountford@a...   Thu  1/10/2002
16381 Re: finding a new teacher (again)Lea Ann   Thu  1/10/2002
16393 Re: finding a new teacher (again)Mezzoid@a...   Fri  1/11/2002

emusic.com